Internet or the World Wide Web paves the path for you to reach for the information from the many known, unknown, nearest, or the farthest corner of the world. It is the same road that takes you to places that brings the miscreants to your place as well. The hackers are computer professionals, adept in spying your computer, tracking your online activities in real-time do hack into your computer with the help of some purposely written software via the internet route. They may be some person or organization with a vested interest in you or the work you do and are capable of harming you or your work with the help of the hacking tools and techniques they have mastered.
While hacking is a known phenomenon to a learned internet user, there also are ways to prevent someone from hacking into your computer. Many good anti-hacking software is available in the market and you can visit this article for more information about the best anti-hacking software. Let’s know some ways to prevent our self from being hacked;
1. Firewall: It’s a barrier between the information stored in your computer and the outside world. It prevents any attempt of intrusion and alerts you about the same. While a couple of operating systems has built-in firewalls, you also can buy firewalls from reputed companies like Cisco and Sophos, etc and install them for your safety. It must be ensured that the firewall must be activated before the system is connected to the internet.
2. Antivirus software: Antivirus software has been partially successful in preventing the attempts of hacking. Users find it irritating because antivirus software is capable of making the computer process slow, especially at the time of booting. Hence they install the antivirus but seldom use it. They should be used at all times to protect the data and prevent attempts of hacking.
3. Anti-spyware: Spyware is a type of program that clandestinely monitors and collects information. They are designed to be difficult to detect and eliminate. Hence you need to have an anti-spyware program in the first place to prevent someone intruding into your system.
4. Complex passwords: Difficult passwords with different types of character combinations are an easier way to prevent an attempt of hacking. Password with multiple character types is difficult to break and hence makes the system sage against hacking. To build a strong password you can use special characters along with both case alphabets and numbers.
5. Updated OS: Sometimes the old and outdated OD becomes an easy prey to the hackers. It is always advised to keep the OS to its latest version so that the user can take advantage of the latest anti-hacking provision resent there in the operating system.
6. Spam mails and messages must be ignored at all costs as they only bring trouble to the user and the computer. They can install unwanted programs in the system that aids in the hacker to hack into the system.
Hacking is like another evil stuff that is there to remain in the world for time unknown, so we should be better prepared at our end to combat the same and keep our information safe.